Sunday, March 16, 2014

MacKeeper


Would you trust a company that puts pop-up and pop-under ads on your screen to protect your computer from virus and spyware? MacKeeper seems to think that these ads will make you think you need to load and use their software. I find their advertising tactics rather like a bully trying to force their services on me. Many of the people I contact have no idea they do not need MacKeeper. In fact most have little or no idea what it does. Please don’t install anything you are not sure of on your computer. I consider MacKeeper to be a unneeded piece of spamware. To my knowledge this piece of software slows your computer down and gives you very little in return. If you are really scared about viruses then download and use ClamXav (www.clamxav. com); at least it is trusted open source software in the future, but for now you are better off just being careful.

No comments: