Thursday, November 21, 2013


OS/iOS
So all in all, the Macintosh OS is beginning to look more and more like the iOS. I expect to see some Apps cross the gap and be on both devices as time goes on. That, my friends, is why Apple as well as others want you hooked to the web with their software. The idea here is start a project and then work on it everywhere you are, on every machine you have access to. I think if you have a business that requires you to edit ongoing projects and documents with groups of people that is a great way to do it. However, I for one, do not want my every word to be on the web and in the cloud until I choose to put it there. When even the government wants to look at every thing we do, I want to make sure my thoughts are mine until I feel like sharing them. There is no safe place on the internet, given enough time all encryption can be broken. So I will do my files and backups the old fashioned way, with hard drives and safety deposit boxes.

No comments: