Thursday, November 21, 2013


iWORK AND iLIFE
Now on to the other stuff that Apple covered. Again I’ll try and keep it brief. iWork and iLife are both getting makeovers (I think I said this once but we’ll go over it just to make sure I did not miss something). On both OS X and iOS there are brand new versions of iPhoto, iMovie and GarageBand, all integrated with iCloud. Here’s where I remind folks that if they buy a new iOS device, they can download these Apps for free. The applications in iWork (Pages, Numbers and Keynote)
have been updated, but you should notice the interface looks different. If you buy any new computer they should be on it already. If you owned iWork ’09 you can download them after you update to Mavericks. If you download these, the old version will still be inside your iWork folder. I will warn you now, there will be some features that work differently than before. Already noted that you cannot edit a movie in iOS then open it in iMovie on your Mac. We have heard that some problems may be fixed in a future version of the program.

No comments: