Friday, August 2, 2013

The Cloud it's all about can you trust it?


This blog purchased and downloaded online? The more we get cloud-based, the harder all of these things become to prove, and the easier it becomes for companies or governments to control us. Am I overreacting? I don’t think so, and if you look around, I believe you can see what I am talking about. So my advice is to stick to backing up all your data and software to local disks or flash drives. Write down all your passwords and serial numbers and get a copy of them out of your house. Safety deposit boxes are a great place; or maybe have a friend hang on to a password protected copy of this information. If you want to back up certain items to the cloud I would suggest encrypting that information so that if the account is hacked they still have to decrypt your information.

No comments: