Tuesday, February 26, 2013


Well it’s been over 5 years that I started work for the MacStore in Beaverton. Told everyone going in that my feet would tell me when it was time to go. By the time you read this I will be a former employee and back to being a computer consultant again. I call it retirement because I will have Monday though Friday work hours and be able to travel a bit now and then. Retail has taught me a lot of things that I did not understand before.  For shoppers first thing is be kind to the person you’re working with, most are trying really hard to help. Do your homework before you go and then when you ask for help you will understand many of the answers. Do not tell the sales rep your life story stick to what you came for. Do not ask how much this item is next door! If you want to know go next door and look. Sales people are not there to shop other stores for you. Sales people will ask you what you are currently doing with your computer and what would you like to do with your computer in the future. Knowing what you do helps them suggest the right computer for you. On the other hand sales people should treat you, as they would like to be treated.

No comments: